Monday, April 4

Same launch channel, different launch day

I'm disappointed, but incredibly so. Apparently, NASA didn't check the reservation sheet at the International Space Station, because there was a conflicting date in the station's driveway with a Russian cargo space ship. So, because, I imagine, Russia made their reservation first, the shuttle launch that Mom, Sydney and I are attending was pushed back 10 days, from April 19 to April 29.
This is problematic because Mom and I had a perfect trip planned, and now, instead of a five days in the middle of the week in Orlando, we're stuck with a weekend in Orlando. I assume that the population at the destinations will be different on Saturday than on Wednesday. Oh well. Our flights changed fine, with no financial penalty, and we're on the right track for our days again. This is good. But now, it's like, much longer until we all get to go!

My Dancing with the Stars voting (10 votes allowed):
Kirstie Alley ~ 3 votes. She and Maks fell during their dance, and managed to keep it together and finish the routine. Also, they're awesome.
Hines Ward ~ 3 votes. I am loving Hines Ward and his pro, Kym, during this competition.
Chelsea Kane ~ 1 vote. She's happy, and she's from Scottsdale.
Sugar Ray Leonard ~ 1 vote. I like that he feels like the underdog.
Ralph Macchio ~ 1 vote. I vote for Ralph from a purely '80s angle. I don't really care for him staying. I can take him or leaving.
Romeo ~ 1 vote. I like that he apologized for acting like a baby to his pro, Chelsie.
Wendy Williams, Petra Nemcova, Chris Jericho, Kendra Wilkinson ~ 0 votes. I'm not a huge fan of any of these stars, so, no vote love.

No comments: