Thursday, April 28

Safely landed in Orlando

Well, we've made it to Orlando!!
Our flight was an uneventful one, if by uneventful you mean that the plane was changed that morning, and we didn't get the seats we were supposed to get. Instead of sitting right behind Sydney in a window seat, I was stuck in a middle seat three rows back from her and Mom. I was less than impressed.
But let me tell you, had I been a lot less stressed about the flight, I would have appreciated the four hours of relatively uninterrupted silence and solitude I got in that seat. Mom had the kid, and I had two quiet guys sitting next to me. It was weird. I plugged myself into my iPod, and just closed my eyes. And wasn't bothered by anyone. Again, it was weird. I haven't had quiet like that in exactly four and a half years.
Also, I managed to get through a hundred pages of my book, and watched the ending of "The Tourist," without headphones.
Of course, Mom and Sydney did just fine. I did get up a couple times to check on them. The first time I checked, they were both asleep in their seats. They checked on me once, and I visited them again. Sydney had a hard time understanding why I couldn't sit with them, but she was a trooper about it. (We are all sitting together on the way home.)
Also, it's hot and humid, but our car has a good air conditioner in it. Sydney's car seat traveled just fine on the plane as well. TRAVEL TIP: The airlines don't charge for traveling car seats.
So tomorrow is the big day!! We're going to be up and moving bright and early tomorrow morning, as Kennedy Space Center is an hour away. Up at 5 a.m., leaving at 6 a.m., to be there at 7 a.m.!! SO EXCITED!!
I can't wait to see this!! ACK!!


Beautifully written via iPhone or iPad.

No comments: