Wednesday, September 15

Reading is good for you!

I'm actually quite tired right now. I've finished the last of the three Stieg Larsson books today, The Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest. I can honestly say that I have read more books in the last eight months than I have in all the years of Sydney being alive before this one.
Is this the first time I have actually followed through on a New Year's resolution? Perhaps. (I'm becoming increasingly arrogant about my accomplishment as I write this.) The resolution itself was to read one book a month for the entire year. I've read those 12, and then some.
But I will not stop now, just because I've logged about 15 books for the year already. I need to have a book for October, November and December. So, you know what that means: I must drag myself, kicking and screaming, of course, into a book store at some point this month. Ack! The lengths I must go through to keep a simple resolution!!

No comments: