Wednesday, December 2

You know I had to find a red one anyway

I remember when Volkswagen released its New Beetle in 1998. I immediately fell in love with it. Howie and I wanted one so bad! Honestly, and Mom can attest to this, the only reason why we didn't get one in 1998 is because there was no place to park it. That, and we couldn't agree on a color. I wanted that yummy pale yellow. He did not. I can't remember what color Howie wanted, come to think about it. I'm sure that's just because I refuse to believe that he probably would have gotten his color since he would have, you know, paid for the car.
Anyway, the news today is that VW is stopping production of the New Beetle. The company is making 3,000 more "Final Edition" versions before halting the model indefinitely. And the company says that they'll have something "Beetle-ish" for the car-buying public in 2011.
Via USAToday.com, "Half of those 3,000 remaining New Beetles will be coupes. The other half will be convertibles. They will go on sale in the U.S. next spring. VW says they will have unique trim and upgrades to mark them as the last of the line."
I still want one.

No comments: