Thursday, December 31

Bye, bye, '09; hello, '10!

Another year is coming to an end. That's it. Really. Another year is ending. Say bye-bye to 2009!
We've had our first glass of champagne, a huge and yummy dinner, and a slice of delicious cherry pie. Currently, I'm on the sofa watching my local 10 p.m. newscast. Brian is asleep next to me. Daisy is sacked out on the floor beneath my legs. Oliver is probably sleeping on the bed. Sydney is sleeping in her bed. It's all good. I'll wake up Brian by the time the ball falls, but the rest of them can just sleep through it.
And then the internal conversation, once again, rolls to resolutions. Of course, I've got some, but I just so hate it when I don't stick to them. I was telling Katy though, that I've got a couple little things, more like behavioral shifts, that I'd like to make, and roll them into the resolution game. 1. Take a moment to consider a situation before "bouncing bitchy." 2. Perhaps a bit more patience would be nice. 3. Start steaming some vegetables with our dinners. 4. Just like last year, in a promise that was broken when we moved, no more children's television after 6 p.m. 5. The American Express card goes back in the drawer. 6. Get the dogs to the dog park much more often. 7. Do better by my Netflix, and watch more of the movies that we get ... quicker. 8. Finish my writing course, within the first quarter of the year. 9. Get back on the birthday card-sending schedule. I hate it when I miss someone's big day! 10. Polish my fingernails more often, because naked fingers are boring! Never go weeks without polish again!
And the big-ticket items:
~ Let's try again to lose some weight, shall we? I am inspired to check out the gym's spinning class next week. I'm actually excited to try it!
~ Eat better! Today was the last hurrah for both my peppermint mochas and my bad McD's lunches. More tea, less sugary coffee drinks. Or get back into sipping on lattes. The mocha and whipped cream: while they are angels in my coffee, they are the devil to my ass.
~ Job. That's it. Get a job.
~ Less financial treading water. We have got to get these credit cards paid off! Honestly, if it means eating mac and cheese (and steamed vegetables) for a few months, we'll do it. This is ridiculous.
~ Read one new book each month. Back in the day, this would have been a no-brainer, and not even worth the time I took to type out that sentence. But these days, I'm having a tough time with the reading time. A goal of one book per month is doable, certainly, but disappointing to me in knowing that I'll still struggle with it.

Another year is beginning! Say hello to 2010!

No comments: