Thursday, April 30

I still haven't checked. Whistles? Anyone?

I hate crickets (check the "Random Pet Peeves" list to your lower left).
Is a person who plays cricket considered a cricket? Or a cricketer? Or a cricketee? Hmmm. I wonder. But, instead of diving too deep into the research, I'll admit straight up to you that I chose this particular avatar this month because I liked the colors and the outfit. Such a girlie reason, I know, but right now, I'm clinging to my girlieness about it. I think she looks cool. And like she could really play that game, and kick someone's ass after the final whistle blows (are there whistles in cricket? Perhaps I should do some research after all). The leg guards look sassy, too.
The family has begun to arrive for this weekend's event, and it looks like it'll be a busy couple days for all of us. Mom; Jason and Jody and the kids; and Lizzie are here tonight. Daddy; the other Edgar sisters; and yet more family arrive tomorrow. The rest of them are coming in on Saturday morning. It'll be a nice turnout ... one that Auntie Donna would have loved.
[Editor's Note: Just so you know, that I know, that I have yet to even broach the actual subject of Auntie Donna on the blog here. Am I in denial? I'll deny that I'm in denial, but honestly, I really have no idea what to say about it still. Someday I will, and then I'll dazzle you with an appropriate remembrance.]

No comments: