Monday, June 16

Nose hurt; baby and zebra suspected

The bridge of my nose is more than a little sore tonight. I wish I could say it was because I kicked someone's ass in a bar fight, but that's so far from the case, it's crazy. No, this afternoon, I got clocked in the nose by a little plastic zebra toy propelled by the blunt force of a 19-month-old toddler who doesn't know her own arm strength yet. And she smacked me with it really hard, too. Unfortunately, there is no bruising or anything (yet); if there was, you know I'd take a picture of it for you all. There is still tomorrow though, so if it shows up, I'll snap a pic and post it. But as it is right now, every time I accidentally rub against my nose, or even breathing through it, it aches and throbs a bit. You know how I love ridiculous injuries -- the foot bruise from the soap and the butt bruise from the stairs come to mind; and I can tell you that this one definitely gets listed among those.

Also, yay to California for allowing gay people to marry each other! I love that I'm a card-carrying member of the state's voting population, and that finally, people of any sexual orientation are invited to legally spend the rest of their lives together! And I will definitely vote to keep that the way of it! Some day, my friends, maybe the whole country will finally wake up and let same-sex couples marry. I hope I live to see it.

No comments: