Saturday, December 29

Yeah, that's me looking enthusiastic

And so, with today's return home from Tucson, Christmas is officially over for the year. I think I did pretty well with what I got for everyone. As much as I stress about getting the right gift, and bemoan the fact that I do stress about it so much, it means a lot when all the people in my little circle are happy with what they received. I have noted where I need to make improvements next year though, and will strive for perfection in 2008. It's all good though, my peeps.
As for 2007, it's drawing to a close with every nightfall, and I agree with Jeff when I say good riddance to it. Seriously, if not for the absolute joy of watching Sydney grow from a blob of skin into an actual little person, I would call this one of the worst years ever. But simply because of her, I must also say that 2007 was one of the most magical ever as well. I guess that amazing contradiction is exactly what makes every year worth getting through and struggling for. At it's most basic level, that's what life is about, isn't it? Having someone you love ripped out of your life leaving a hole that only someone new can come close to filling.

No comments: