Sunday, October 21

I knew they'd win

Stuff from today:
1.) Um, go Sox! The Red Sox, in their infinite ability to come from behind and rip the snot out of an opposing team, have beaten the Cleveland Indians and earned their way into the 2007 World Series. I have already bought our American League Champions t-shirts, and am excited to have them become the collector's items that the 2004 American League Champions t-shirts became (due to a Sox win of the Series). So the party begins Wednesday night! Be there or be square, kiddos! Red Sox kick ass!
2.) Brian replaced the faucet in our kitchen with one that, well, looks better, but also doesn't make that high-pitched screaming noise every time we turn it on. I was not a fan of this improvement idea. But having a finished product that, quite frankly, I didn't think would turn out that well, is an excellent mind changer, so I'm now pleased that Brian took the initiative and did it. Here's a picture of my kitchen in the middle of the job though.
3.) We visited the Great Pumpkin Festival at the Desert Botanical Garden this afternoon. I had no idea how this would go, so can say that I'm pleasantly surprised, but will not do it again. First of all, $10 each for B and I. Secondly, $1 each for the hayride that is required to get to the pumpkin patch. Next, said pumpkin patch is really just a bunch of pumpkins sitting in rows in a dusty, hay-covered dirt patch in the desert. Also, the hayride wait was about 45 minutes in the sunshine (with a baby who suddenly refuses to wear a hat). On the plus side, we got a free pumpkin. The whole thing was all about the pictures of the kid in a pumpkin patch though, and I got those with more to spare. So, while worth it, I'll be looking for a "farmier," "patchier," and "pumpkinier" place next year.

No comments: