Tuesday, July 31

TV: yes; wirelss connection: no

So where the hell have I been? If you can believe it, my life has been plagued with power outages, and Internet death for the last couple days. Yesterday, our power went out twice: once for only an hour, and a second time for a good four hours (got a bit toasty in here, I'll tell you). With the outage of the power, there goes the Internet.
However, having dealt with the Internet connection all afternoon, and finally having conquered the damn wireless by plugging Brian's computer into the actual cable, I am able to get some blogging on. I think that the power surges might have fried my dear-old wireless Airport station. I can't explain it any other way. Obviously, because I'm typing to you right now, the Internet is flowing into my apartment. And, since I'm doing it on Brian's computer, there are some very specific issues with the Apple equipment.
My iBook has fallen in love with itself. (You've seen the movies, my friends. Electronics get fried in the middle of the night by a lightening storm. They develop a brain or emotions or something. Hijinks ensue.) It is in a constant state of computer-to-computer networking. It will not acknowledge my wireless router, and is being very stubborn. It is frustrating to me. I almost through it out the window this afternoon.

On a lighter, and decidedly more positive note, we have our cable television back! YAY! how dependent we are on this magical marvel. And to prove how much he missed it, Brian promptly fell asleep on the sofa in front of it. I changed the channel while he dozed.

No comments: