Monday, July 16

Posh and Becks have arrived

I've been in California for the last several days, and with the little one's sleeping quarters taking up the office, I haven't been able to make it in to the computer for my blogging. This morning though, she has managed to crash out in her crib while I was surfing the Internet, so I thought I'd get some blog done as well.
Sydney and I flew out here on Thursday (she did awesome on the plane!), and have been running around with Mom every minute since our arrival. Actually, we've slowed down quite a bit at night. If you can believe it, we've only dined out for dinner once on this trip. Every other dinner has been take out or delivery. We head home tomorrow, and already I am getting stressed out again about flying with my "extra baggage."

There is something to be said for being out here, in Southern California, during this whole David and Victoria Beckham thing. With their arrival comes their media blitz, as well as all the interviews and such. I have to tell you, Victoria Beckham is quite funny. One quote had her commenting on her famous pout, and she went on to joke (I paraphrase), that she should never be photographed smiling, having a good time, or, God forbid, eating. I love it. She's done spectacularly well in choosing her sound bites and media coverage. Going for the Access Hollywood and Extra to give off a more approachable attitude was smart, too. Brilliant and funny. Already, this couple is ridiculously loved by all the people here. Front page, top of the fold coverage in the local newspapers, top story in the sports news, and the topic on everybody's lips. I'm digging them.

No comments: