Tuesday, July 10

Groups are good

haiku #2~
I haven't packed yet,
so will rush it tomorrow:
cooler in Cali.

I just signed up for my first stay-at-home moms group. One of the girls in our Gymboree class is an organizer, and is recruiting members. It's an invitation-only group, so I'm feeling pretty special about Sydney and I joining, but still find myself wondering how well I'll make the time to participate. Really, I'm all for having fun and doing stuff, but I fear for my motivation level whem it comes to playdates and the like. I already know a couple things: my apartment is too small and apartment-ish to host any playdates; I can't afford to host playdates elsewhere; I probably won't do anything without the other Gymboree moms, cementing a social dependence on them; and I'm very selfish with my time so may choose to ditch most every event except the big monthly activities. Still, it's nice to be a part of a group of moms, even if most of my membership may be conveyed via the group's web site!

No comments: