Monday, July 9

ASU's win streak: 378 games

Brian loves video games. It's an odd obsession, really. His Playstation 2 is as much a member of this family as Sydney, Oliver and I are. And as much as I hate the fact that he can sit in front of NCAA 07 College Football for hours on end, I seem to encourage his avid game playing by continuing to buy him new games, and not bitching and moaning every time he turns that damn machine on.
So it was with no small amount of weirdness that I celebrated the announcement today that Sony has dropped the price of the Playstation 3 by $100. I've been dying to get Brian one of these new consoles, but simply could not wrap my head around spending $599 on the thing. Granted, I'm still absolutely sick over shelling out $499, but at least it's a significant cut in price. The "experts" quoted in the article I read concurred that they didn't think that the price would have dropped by that amount until this time next year. So, really, it's a steal at this amount.
But, even now, I will still hold back on purchasing the Playstation 3 until Christmas. Because if I must buy it, I will at least wait for a suitable holiday.

No comments: