Wednesday, December 27

Sunshinier days

The best part about the weeks and months after December 21 is that every day that goes by is a bit sunnier. It's no secret that I love the sunshine. In fact, it's the biggest argument I have with Brian every morning. "I like the blinds open. I like to have the sun shining in," I say. "It's 200 degrees outside, Kimmie. It stays cooler inside if the blinds are shut," he counters. It's a lovely conversation that repeats itself regularly, especially in the summer months, especially in Arizona. But now, with cooler weather, I get no static about keeping the shades open all day every day. And now, after Dec. 21, the sunshine lasts longer. Doesn't it feel like the days are longer already?

1 comment:

Pamela said...

Summer is just 6 months away... I will have to open the blinds then.

PC