My mommy loves Spring. It's her favorite season, I think, because of all the flowers, all the warm sunshine, and just the fact that winter is over. This post is dedicated to Mom's love of Spring, and the pictures she e-mailed me over the weekend.
Some Spring trivia:
* There are approximately 250,000 species of flowers; honeybees prefer yellow and blue ones.
* Children grow twice as fast in the spring as they do in the fall, but gain more weight in the fall.
* A young robin will eat as much as 14 feet of earthworms a day.
* The hum of a hummingbird comes from the swift beat of its wings.
* The average lifespan of a small cumulus cloud is 10 to 15 minutes.
* No two people see the same rainbow. A rainbow is formed by the reflection of specific raindrops, and a person standing next to you will see different droplets from the ones you see.
* On the vernal equinox, the sun rises exactly in the East, travels through the sky for 12 hours, and sets exactly in the West; every place on earth experiences a 12-hour day.
* Bees collect nectar from 2 million flowers to make a 1-pound comb of honey.
And this little bit of Spring-ified dogginess is the most-excellent Sheila. I don't think I've spoken of her on the blog before, but don't mistake that as disinterest in her, for she is the sweetest of dogs out there in California. (I love her. I really do.) And look how pretty she is sitting in the sunshine!!