Tuesday, November 1

Halloween: the day after

I'm sorry to say that I'm still feeling sick, and worse today than yesterday. This sucks.
But yesterday, that day of days, Halloween, was a rollicking success, I think. I broke out the poodle skirt, matching shirt and lettermen's sweater as my costume, and we had a party here at work. (This is my jack-o-lantern from my desk.) There was way too much food to go around, so we ended up feeding most of the other departments around us, too.
As for the holiday itself, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I do wish that I had known that, in the South End, if you want trick-or-treaters to come to you for candy, you need to sit out on your steps with a big bag of the stuff. There's no bell ringing or door knocking in that neighborhood, what with all the apartments and such. I must have been out of town on Halloween last year, because had I known that this was the way of it here, I'd have been all over the giving out of candy. (I took all mine in to work yesterday so as not to eat it all myself.)
My favorite costume group? A five-year-old girl dressed as Dorothy, Mom was the Wicked Witch of the West, baby was a flying monkey, and Dad was in a full-on Cowardly Lion suit. They were the best!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just have to say... I hate Halloween. The evil little individually wrapped sweet death temptations are everywhere.

I hate chocolate....

I love chocolate...

P.