Monday, June 4

Zombie office workers are funny

Okay, I think I can say that it's official. I don't like sitting at my computer at night in the office to blog. I mean, I was upstairs at 9 last night, and the kid was in bed. And Brian was asleep downstairs, and I had nothing to watch on television. A perfect atmosphere for a sit-down at the computer, for sure. But I just didn't want to go in there and sit down. It occurred to me as I made that choice and walked back into the bedroom that I would have been happier with a laptop at that moment. I love the desktop for my kid and the bill paying and all that. I hate it for blogging. I'm gonna stop whining about that, though. hashtag firstworldproblems
Because here I am, perfectly happy blogging at work, being all slippery and secretive, and switching active windows as soon as I hear someone coming near me. Also, my workload lately has been, shall we say, soft. I'm getting all kinds of random things done because I don't have much else to do.

We ordered pizza for dinner last night, and there's a bunch of it in the fridge still, but I don't know if I want to eat it for lunch today or wait for dinner. A thing that is swimming around in my head right now. And Sydney's at camp, and I hope she's having a great time. And Brian's at home sick, and I hope he feels better. And my dogs are awesome. And my mom has too much stuff to stress about right now. And I'm starting to plan my next trip to California. And while my wrist feels better in the splint, my index finger gets super sore. And I really, really, really need to get back on the Weight Watchers bandwagon. And I stood up to my boss today. And I have a whole bunch of June things to get done.

No comments: