Tuesday, June 26

Someone! Buy my book, please!

So I dug into Book Camp, Day 1 yesterday. And let me tell you, I am properly overwhelmed. I mean, I knew that there would be some work involved in this, but I guess I'm kinda bugged that this is going to take well over the four days I had wanted to devote to getting started.
I spent a good portion of yesterday afternoon reading through the Writer's Market from 2017, and have a significant number of page corners turned for consideration. I'll hope to get to some of it today. Perhaps I need to decided to devote an hour or two a day to this, and just let it roll from there. I feel like too much time spent on this at any one time may get me freaked out and anxiety-ridden, and that's no help to anyone in my life.
Still, it's easier that the listings have "picture book" in their interests or not. But I have a lot more agents and such to send my manuscript to than publishing houses. So many publishers don't want to be approached by people, they only want representatives to contact them. Which actually seemed fine, since the agents have a quicker turnaround time on your acceptance or not than the publishers.
I got my query letter and story all done, though, and I'm ready to start sending it out. A realization that is both invigorating and terrifying. And, as I found out yesterday, also will be incredibly time consuming. But I'm here for it. Can't get the benefit if you don't put in the time, right?
I just hope I don't get shot down by everyone. That scares me.

No comments: