Thursday, June 7

No better reward than Starbucks

ITEM!: When I was a kid, I hated taking showers. I'm still not a fan of the process; I consider them an obligation to being a decent human being. Of all the futuristic fantasies out there, I think my favorite would be the ultraviolet, dry shower that would clean you and remove all the grime and stuff without you having to get wet or put on lotion.
My child is more like a younger me than I ever thought when it comes to showering. First of all, I have to make her do it. She never volunteers. And secondly, making her shower puts her in a mood, wherein she pouts, won't speak to anyone, and moves all slow and lumbering to avoid it for as long as she can. It's hard to get mad about it, though, because I'd do the same if I could.
ITEM!: Sydney has no summer camp next week, so we'll do a whole lot of hanging out. But the other day, we came up with a delightful afternoon camp for her ... and me. We're calling it the AJs Afternoon Dessert Camp. Every afternoon next week, we're going to stop into AJs, and each of us chooses a different dessert from the bakery case. So far, on Monday, I'm going to get the orange creamsicle cupcake. Sydney has her eye on the fruit tart, if you can believe that. She also wants chocolate-covered strawberries. I also want a slice of key lime pie. Every morning this week, we've been plotting our AJs for next week, and I'm so excited. I'm thinking we'll knock out some movies on her To-Be-Watched List, too.
ITEM!: I need to spend some time cleaning up my desk here. My kid has taken over the space again, and it's covered in Funko Pops, dinosaurs, dirty dishes and gum containers. Ugh. Perhaps I'll do that tomorrow instead of taking a nap on the sofa before leaving to pick her up from camp. And as a reward, perhaps I'll get myself a Serious Strawberry Frappuccino.

No comments: