Thursday, June 21

My own Book Camp begins Monday

My friend, Leslie, got divorced a couple weeks ago. She'd been fighting with her ex for several years, and in fact, had been in the process of this divorce for about nine years. She told me in January that one of her resolutions this year was to get divorced. I'm super happy for her, and proud of her for finally digging in and getting this thing done.
She's motivated me. Not to get divorced, but to dig in to the thing that's been plaguing and scaring me for a while, too: The Book. So next week, while Sydney is out of camp and I'll have entire afternoons to get my shit together, I will finally finish up the last few bits of the book, and get to sending it out to people. I also will make a shameless request on Facebook for any friends that know anyone in the book publishing industry. I'm ready, and I want to be an author.
So, next week is "Book Camp," and I'll even get Sydney involved too, so she can help me stay motivated. I really feel like I need someone to sit next to me while I'm doing this, and Sydney in her gaming chair right next to the desk may be just the thing. It's a good idea I've got, and maybe once I start sending it out, I'll feel less guilty or weird talking about my "book," which has no real life of its own. It'll be a tangible thing, and it'll be out in the wild.
And goodness knows, once I sell one, I've got a bunch more ideas. And then I can afford to move to California.

No comments: