Monday, June 18

I did an Instagram thing

Every morning during school, I draw pictures on Sydney's lunch bags. They can be inspirational, silly and ridiculous. They can be dinosaurs, of course. Not all of them are great, but the few that are I posted to my Facebook page to broadcast my drawing prowess. I was scrolling through the images the other day and decided that I really needed an Instagram for the drawings.
And then I created it: @paperbagsandsharpies. Good or bad, they'll get posted every day.
What's weird is that I've already collected 39 followers, and only two of them are accounts I know: mine (duh!) and Mom's (of course!). But it's pretty exciting to be watching my followers count grow!
But then I thought, well, this is great and everything, but my new followers won't get any new content until August. And then I thought, "No! I will draw pics for Sydney's camp days!"
And so I have. I posted my first non-lunch bag drawing today for Sydney's Monday at camp. I'll draw them in the mornings for her, I think, and post them, thus getting into my new routine. I'm really pretty excited about this, purely as a creativity outlet.
Check it out and give me a follow.

No comments: