Wednesday, June 6

"Grease" is the word; movie theater is the place

I took my kid to the movies last night to see Grease. Yes, that actual and official 40-year-old movie, Grease. She's never seen the whole thing, and I'd never seen it in a movie theater on a big screen. Let me tell you, we had a delightful time. Brian chose to sit this one out, but Sydney and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I got sing along, as did the rest of the audience, and we got to enjoy a mom-and-daughter date with a tub of popcorn. All good things.
And I have to thank my local movie theater chain for it. My theater has this awesome weekly awesomeness called, Tuesday Night Classic. We went to a few of them around Christmastime, and saw Elf and Christmas Vacation. I've been paying attention to what's being offered, and we missed the showing of The Princess Bride because Sydney had a test that next Wednesday. But the offerings are always on my radar. And Sydney wanted to see Grease.
Future movies on Tuesday include Monty Python and The Holy Grail, which I think we'll skip; American Graffiti, which we'll also skip; and Lawrence of Arabia, which I never could through because it was so boring. Weirdly, we may get to Top Gun, so Sydney can see that it's really a pretty cool movie, despite Tom Cruise. Raiders of the Lost Ark is coming up, too, but Syd and I will be in California for that one. Beyond July, they don't have the movies listed yet.
This is a super cool thing though, that my theater does. And Sydney and I are huge fans...

No comments: