Thursday, June 14

"Be the List." I love it...


I spent some time in my loft/office last night, and have come to some conclusions, listed below.
1. The pink ottoman is too big to sit at the foot of my bed right now, so it'll stay put in the loft, being weirdly in the way of everything. At some point, the ottoman and the cozy chair will go back in my bedroom, but it won't be at this house. So! Conclusion: It stays put. Kimmie must deal with it.
2. The cozy chair will be reupholstered. I've been hedging and being undecided, but Sydney's declaration last night that she was glad the chair was just going to be recovered I guess sealed the deal. A new fabric will have to match the ottoman, though. Mom's on it. Conclusion: Cozy chair stays, but gets a makeover.
3. The cozy chair's ottoman will go the way of donation. It's weird to donate just an ottoman, but that's the decision. Mom's never liked the ottoman's awkward sizing, because it was built too big, and for me, it will just cost way too much to have that reupholstered, too. I need someone who will come pick it up, though, so that's on my list of things. Conclusion: Ottoman gets donated.
4. Karaoke machine will get donated, too. I haven't told anyone this, but no one seems to care about it at all, so I may just ditch that without saying anything. Then I can be all, "Well, that got donated like a year ago!" Conclusion: There will be no more terrible singing in my home.
5. I need to move the wooden elephant plant holder, but I'm not sure where it's going yet. I've found a place for the stuff (not plants) that are resting inside it, but the elephant itself feels very lost and weird in the loft. It really belongs elsewhere. BUT WHERE? Conclusion: Elephant's new location to be determined.
6. I need to put together my rolling cart from Ikea, because it can be used as a pillow place and side table. I'm thinking a little plant and coaster atop it, with a couple throw pillows in the bottom shelf. In my head, it looks cute; it practice, maybe not so much, but I need to try it. Maybe some picture frames in the second shelf? Conclusion: Many options there, but I need to build it first.
7. I think I'll be happy with the small rug in the loft right now. It's the right size for having a large chair in the middle of the room, and it's colorful and fun. And it can be washed in the machine, which is great since my dogs seem to like to vomit on it. Conclusion: It stays put.
And I think that is the entirety of my conclusions about the loft. When all this is done, I'll be happy with it. Just in time for us to maybe move into a different place next summer. *imagine the shrugging emoji girl here* Here's hoping I get off my butt and get these things taken care of before then!

No comments: