Wednesday, May 23

Topics trending on Twitter today

ITEM!: A trending topic on Twitter today was something along the lines of What Would You Do on A Day Without Consequences. I forget the exact hashtag, or I'd have used it, but my paraphrase is pretty spot on. Because really, what would you do if everything that you did on a particular day was free of any consequences? It's almost Purge-like, that question, because probably most people would do something illegal, like rob a bank, drag race on the freeway and whatnot. I'd need time and space to think about it, for sure. And it's not anything that I'd pencil out right now. So, that was a bad story.
ITEM!: Another trending topic right now is the NFL, and it's totally unconstitutional rule about penalizing teams for players kneeling during the National Anthem. I am, obviously, very against this particular rule. I can't believe how deliberately obtuse the NFL owners are being in regards to this. And I would hope, hope, hope that Robert Kraft is among the guys who say, "Fine; kneel, and we'll eat those 15 yards so you can express your rights." But he's probably not, and I'm super disappointed in the League. They're catering to the wrong demographic here, and will be on the wrong side of history when this whole shit show gets figured out. But blocking and penalizing someone for expressing their First Amendment right is a really bad idea.
ITEM!: And I saved the best for last. Today is World Turtle Day. And true to its best form, Twitter is awash in images of awesome turtles doing awesomely turtle-ish things.

No comments: