Monday, May 7

A hot, cramping tennis shoe in vomit?

VOMIT: I stepped in a cold, but not dry, puddle of dog vomit on the loft area rug this evening, and it was super, super gross. I was on the phone when it happened, and I'm pretty proud of myself for not screaming and jumping around at the moment. I just processed, inwardly freaked out about the squish feeling, and then hobbled over to the closet for a washcloth to clean off my foot. Then I took the rug downstairs for washing. And it's now been four hours maybe and I can still feel that squish. Pretty nasty.CRAMPING: I'm starting to think that I really need to get my hand and wrist looked at. I've got the ergonomic mouses that I talked about, but my fingers are still cramping up when I'm mousing, typing and writing. Most of the pain comes from the mousing, though I'll tell you that right now, the cramping is impeding the speed of my typing for the first time ever. I'm not a fan of that at all.
SUMMER HEAT: It wasn't as bad today as it was yesterday, and there are a few below-100 days coming up in the forecast, but as of now, the days of open windows at night are basically over. I might as well lock up the damn things with a time lock, since they won't be open again until October. I hate this time of year because I know that the heat is coming, and that it will last a while, but there's nothing to enjoy right now as the calm before the storm.
TENNIS: I tried it a couple times, because Howie wanted Mom and I to know how to play. But I was terrible, and I didn't like running across the court, so I stopped. My avatar looks pretty sporting though, doesn't she?

No comments: