Sunday, April 22

I'm not panicking, and this photo made me laugh

So last year, I finally went all in on the Weight Watchers plan. And through it, I lost 16 pounds. I was super pleased with myself, and continue to be proud of the strides I made. ... Last year.
I December this year, after I got sick after Christmas, I weighed myself and was pleased to see that my weight was at the weight I stopped at after Weight Watchers. And then my birth control pills changed. Not through my decision, but through Walgreens'. And with that shift in hormones, I gained all that weight again. In two months. And I am not happy about it.
Now, I've returned to my original pill manufacturer, and become a customer of the CVS in my Target, and have started and stopped on the Weight Watchers plan again a few times. I'm having a hard time though, and it's because Weight Watchers changed their plan.
All of a sudden, I don't have the 30 points a day I had, and was successful with. The plan now calls for more "zero point" foods, and thereby gives me fewer points a day. I've told myself a hundred times to just stick to the plan I had success with, and count my points on the app without care of the app's requirements, shaming and/or point totals and extras. But I'm struggling.
I'm thinking maybe to use the app for its counting abilities, but keep track somewhere else. But, like, where? Not a note or piece of paper. I really, really need to get over the app issues and just keep track there. Maybe I'll just try that again.
Tomorrow morning is my weigh-in day, so I'll just jump back on the train again, I guess. It's all about the afternoon snacks, I've found, and now that I've got a boatload of fresh, summer fruit in my fridge, it's easier to not snack on bad stuff. So maybe tomorrow will be the beginning of my next big jump into Weight Watchers.
... My jeans need to fit better again.

No comments: