Friday, April 27

If only I had this view through them

Tonight marks the second night in a row that it wasn't cool enough to open my house's windows at night when I was ready for bed. You know what that means. Air conditioner time has arrived, and it will be a plague for the next six months. I'm not happy about it.
It's still cooling down enough so that the a/c won't go on throughout the night, and all that. It's just still 80 degrees outside right now. It'll be 70 in the early morning, so the house won't need cooling throughout the night, but still, it's not cool enough for open windows right now.
On the flip side, this may bring to an end my allergy issues. My nose is still snotty and gross in the mornings, and kinda stuffy throughout the day, so maybe closed windows and filtered and processed air may help with that. The palo verde trees in my neighborhood are so out of control. We walk through rivers of yellow flowers on the ground; my dogs track it into the house and sleep on my bed. And come to discover that the gardeners aren't collecting and removing the flowers, but blowing them up onto the rock and landscaping. That doesn't help with anyone's allergies, to have the flowers still just sitting around and maybe thinking about decomposing at some point.
So, to recap: My windows are closed until October.

No comments: