Tuesday, April 10

Finally, decent hair and nails on the regular

I've discovered the wonderfulness of the regular polish change at the nail salon. I mean, I always knew that a person could go into a salon and get a polish change, but it never occurred to me to do it regularly, in place of a manicure. And I've done it for the last six weeks.
Every two weeks, I've been heading over to the salon after work and getting my polish changed. The manicurist still will file the nails down, buff them out so they're smooth, and do the color nice and neat. And you also have the obligation of sitting there for the required five to 10 minutes of initial drying time.
Today, I chose a really pretty Barbie pink. (Last time, I picked a light lavender.) Of course, I dinged my middle finger on my right hand, the perfect place to bug me for the next two weeks. But that's the first nail I really messed up, and I'm pleased with all the other fingers, so we'll call it a win for the day anyway.
Also, the cost factor on polish changes is enough to make this a real habit that I can jump on board with. Eight dollars for the change, and a $2 tip. The whole thing is over and done with for $10. That's pretty magical, to be sure, and I'm feeling like I could very easily get addicted to it.
It's a Pretty Girl Habit. So I've got that, as well as someone who does a good job on my hair, so I feel like I can really get back to taking better care of myself and being happy about it.

No comments: