Thursday, April 19

Can you age out of a television station?

I'm finding that I'm not watching as much television as I used to. I was an avid watcher of most things The CW, but since Flash got silly (I didn't even make it through the first season), and Arrow got so angsty (I gave up on that one two seasons ago), and The Vampire Diaries ended last May or so (which I watched religiously), I've been not watching.
But last night, the last of the CW shows that I watch, The Originals, premiered its final season. The show hasn't been on TV for like a year, so I was super excited about it. I made Sydney be in bed on time, and had my yummy cup of tea, and was ensconced in my bedroom with hopefully no distractions. It happens that I was lucky, and I was able to enjoy one of my awesome, televised vampire indulgences without any problems.
And while the show gave me some stuff I've been waiting for since last year (Caroline and Klaus! Yay!), I also was reminded how irritating and holier-than-thou and preachy Vincent is, and how much shows tend to suffer when there's an irritating teen. But I'm in it until the end of this season, which I believe is only 13 episodes? I need to check on that.
But in knowing that soon I'll remove The Originals from the list of shows I watch over there on the left, I'm noticing that I just don't have as much appointment television that I watch anymore. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I wonder if I'm getting bored with the stories there, or if I'm getting too old for some of the stories there. ...
And in all this, I totally forgot that there is another CW show I love to watch, iZombie, but that show also is going a bit off the rails, kinda. Less a cop and zombie show and now more a social injustice crusade kind of thing since the zombies have been discovered by the world at large. ...
So, there's all that. Only two CW shows, when I used to watch a bunch of them. Huh.

No comments: