Thursday, May 5

I can't pick sides! Please don't make me!

Since Sunday is Mother's Day, I'm in charge of all family activities for the day. I'm still in the process of figuring out exactly what I want to do, but one thing is decided: I've already bought our tickets to see Captain America: Civil War in the morning.
But I'm conflicted. Not about seeing the movie. I want to see it. I'm like a junkie finally getting my Marvel fix after a year.
But I love Iron Man so much. And I love Captain America. And I enjoy how everyone is when they're together. And I like it when Black Widow and Scarlett Witch are bad-ass girls. The whole dynamic makes me giddy.
But in this movie, they're all fighting. They're like, really fighting. It's like 12 of my favorite friends, and they're arguing something fierce, and I love them all, but the circumstances of the argument are going to make me choose sides, whether I want to or not.
That's the crux of my conflicted feelings. I don't want to love any one of them less, but the plot and actions of the characters are going to make me think that one is less awesome than the other. And that makes me all nervous about how the rest of my Sunday will go. I like it so much better when they're all friends. ... I'm just hoping for a happy ending.

No comments: