Monday, May 16

Calgon, take me away?

I’m feeling very anxiety-riddled today. I’ve got a knot in my stomach that I can’t shake, and my brain is running at 200 mph, with nowhere to go and nothing to focus on. I am very aware of some of the sources: summer camp, bills due this month, summer camp. But having settled on those things, and knowing what I can and can’t do about them at this very moment isn’t lessening the issue here. And I’ve been suffering all morning. I woke up all weirded out. It’s been constant since my eyes opened. And the vibe in my office is kinda odd today, too.
I’m at a loss, for sure.
I did pick up the new Meghan Trainor CD at Target at lunch, as well as a new charging cable for my kid because she doesn’t know how to plug in her phone without ruining it. Well, she does now, of course. Also, I grabbed a pair of liner socks to try with wearing some Toms tomorrow. We’ll see how that works.
I had a list of stuff I wanted to do yesterday, as I told you, and today that list is less one stop. I’m thinking Costco tomorrow, so I can get some chicken for Brian and some string cheese for Sydney. And hopefully I’ll be able to bust through it relatively quickly.
But the book I started yesterday is pretty okay, so I’ll finish that maybe tonight. Finally. I’ve had it for a couple months, I think. I’m on my fifth renewal of it. The book that I had to return unread a couple weeks ago is back in my possession again, and reading it is my reward for finishing this current book. And then I’ll add more books to my queue. I’m very excited to be finishing up television for the season.

[Written at 1:45 p.m. today.]

No comments: