Monday, March 7

The perfect little pick-me-up

New Parenting Rule: Do not leave your kid and a tub of frosting home alone for the morning. One of them will not be there when you get home.
I'm not even mad that she ate it. I'm annoyed that she ate all of it. I wanted some, and the little punk powered through the rest of the tub all by herself. I was feeling all about sharing when I went to grab us a couple spoonfuls of the frosting after lunch today when I discovered that, hey now, the entire tub was almost completely empty. There wasn't even enough frosting left to fill up a single spoon.
I said to her, "Honestly? This is not even cool. If you're going to eat that much, finish it. Don't leave some cheesy little bit that won't even satisfy the next person to get it."
And that's the way to teach your kid how to be charitable to the next person. If you must take your fill, do it, but be sure there's enough for who's after you. Well, maybe that's not entirely true in the real world, but it should be law when it comes to tubs of frosting. I've been enjoying my fix of frosting over the last few days, and now I'm living without, and I'm worse off because of it.
The decadence of having a tub of sour cream in the refrigerator at all times seems to have mutated and grown stronger. I fear that a constant tub of frosting may be a little bit too much, but I'm not sure. I may have to experiment.

No comments: