Sunday, March 20

A new drink, and all is well in the world

It's always an exciting and good day when I try and like a new drinks at Starbucks. Mom told me that I would enjoy the iced mango black tea, and I'm happy to report that she was absolutely right. I decided to try it today at my coffee date with Patty, and I'm super glad that I did. Of course, the first order came with lemonade in it, and, having not tried the drink before, I didn't notice the lemonade taste, and was none the wiser. But when I ordered my $0.50 refill, the barista told me that lemonade drinks don't qualify, and I was all, "Wait. There was lemonade in this? I didn't want lemonade." So I got my cheap refill without lemonade, and it was much better.
Pros to Iced Mango Black Tea: Refreshing, tasty, different, cold.
Cons to Iced Mango Black Tea: Mango syrup equals calories.
Unfortunately, the 120 calories is a bit of a deal breaker when it comes to the drink being my new go-to for the afternoon every day. Having said that, I won't deny myself completely.
Other drinks from Starbucks I'd like to try, and will, when I remember that I want to try them when I'm in one of their stores: Iced English Breakfast Tea Latte; Iced Skinny Mocha; Strawberries & Creme Frappuccino (it would need to be a tall, nonfat, with no whipped cream); Iced coffee with milk.

No comments: