Thursday, January 7

Ugly sweater cookies = adorable + delicious

These are the Starbucks Ugly Sweater gingerbread cookies. I’m sure you saw them in every Starbucks this holiday season. I watched these cookies from afar for weeks, and pined for them. I thought it would be ridiculous to spend $20 or whatever for six gingerbread cookies. And I still hold to that. Twenty dollars for six cookies is crazy.
But after Christmas, when they went on sale at my local Starbucks for the bargain price of $12, and I had my Mom’s Starbucks card to buy them on, I picked them up. I won’t lie to you; I’m thoroughly enjoying them. They’re thicker than I thought they would be, but they are just as delicious as I hoped they would be. They are the perfect strength and taste of gingerbread, if that’s makes any sense. I’ve been pacing myself and only eating one a day. Today, I’ve eaten the fourth one. There are only two more. I’m starting to get scared about living life without these cookies. I can’t not eat them, because then they’ll just get stale, and then they’ll taste horrible. So they have to be eaten. And I’m eager to do that. But once they’re gone, they’re gone. And that will make me sad.

No comments: