Monday, January 18

I don't *feel* like I'm 43 years old

Today is my birthday. I turned 43 years old at 7:39 a.m., California time (because that's the best kind). It was the first time in 10 years that I had to work on my birthday, and I was reminded at about 6:30 this morning that working on your birthday f*ckin' sucks. I had played around with the idea of calling in sick today, but I figured that being "sick" for the first time at this job ... on a Monday ... would kind of be a red flag. So there I was, at work, on my birthday. But the decision I made as I was driving in, to sign in to my Facebook and sit on it all morning, ended up being the best thing for me today.
It was a virtual birthday party, if you can believe it, and it was awesome. I felt like it was the perfect get-together, with me just hanging out in a chair, and throughout the morning, people would arrive, wish me a happy day, maybe hang out for a chat or a smile, and then they would leave and go about their business. Glorious. Honestly, there were, like, 40 people at my party today, and it was super cool. Of course, the actual phone calls and texts were fantastic (and better), but as Facebook birthdays go, me having the ability to just chill at a computer all day today made this one among the best.

No comments: