Sunday, November 15

Going to work on a Monday

It's November 15, and I think maybe I should have gotten paid tomorrow? I don't know what the pay schedule is, or how it's managed. I'm going to find that out tomorrow. I also need to know the holiday schedule. I need to figure out what I may need to do with my kid over winter break and all that.
At any rate, I have to go to work tomorrow, and it's been nine years since I've said that and meant it in the most real way. I'm excited, I think. I've got my clothes out for the day, and am heading to bed relatively early to get enough sleep. It is supposed to be quite chilly tomorrow, so I'm prepared with warmer clothes, too.
Things that I'm slacking on due to the job: watching television on time, and reading. I haven't picked up a book since last week, and I'm going through serious withdrawals. I need to figure out a new reading schedule, because my quiet book time from 12:45 p.m. to 2:45 p.m., and then however long I want it to last, is just not realistic anymore. As for television, I just need to not wait to watch any shows with Brian. His falling asleep on the sofa at 9 p.m. is putting a serious wrench in my stories. We've got a LOT of television built up on the DVR, and it's just going to get worse starting tomorrow night when more shows are on.
Also, I started my lower-estrogen birth control pills today. That should be an interesting experiment. I told Brian to keep an eye on me and let me know if anything goes too terribly crazy. I mean, I'll know if I start crying for no reason, but for some other stuff I may not realize, he will have to give me a heads up. And if it makes me gain weight, I will be PISSED. My not being at home all day is curbing my bad food consumption, and I'm not at all interested to have any weight I may lose because of not eating become weight I gain because of minimal estrogen. I don't really like experimenting with my emotional and menstrual health like a game of chess, but it's what we've got to do to decrease any cancer risks, apparently. So, that's fun!

No comments: