Thursday, November 12

Back to being an editor, and it's good

Check it out, you guys! I'm officially working!
I had a splendid first day at work, and honestly, I really think it'll work out just fine there. All the other editors were super nice, and their patience and generosity of time for my questions was fantastic. I still have a lot to learn, and I'm eager to dig in some more. I've already been an editor a bit, and I'm pleased to say that I actually did find some things that needed to be fixed. So, I guess I'm still okay at this kind of thing.
Also, the office is pretty chill, with everyone doing their own thing at lunch, as well as bolting out the door right at 5 p.m. I was told to not be at work too on time, because I'll probably end up waiting outside for several minutes. So, I'll plan on leaving home at 8 a.m., rather than being there right at 8 a.m. They also really like candy, and I've got plenty to spare.
They gave me books to read, issues to catch up on, and a few questionnaires to fill out in regards to the industry. I'm figuring out Google Chrome, which is interesting and frustrating at the same time, but I'm pleased to note that my knowledge of working with PCs is still viable. I have an e-mail address, though I don't know if I have a personal phone number. There is a Keurig machine in the kitchen, and reverse osmosis water, so all my vices are covered. And the bathroom is a nice one, which is important because I pee so much throughout the day.
All that's left is to move in the personal stuff: coasters, random desk necessities, hand lotion, mouse pad, etc. I have a lovely spot by the window with all kinds of natural light, which is great until this summer, when, no doubt, I'll broil from the afternoon sun.
You know what else I'm doing? I'm figuring out my clothes for the next day at night, which seems to be a legit time saver.

No comments: