Wednesday, October 21

The Force is with us, but not the kid

I confess, it's totally awesome to hear Star Wars music coming from my television. Especially when it means that there will be new Star Wars coming my way soon. I'm up here, typing away, and I hear the familiar refrain coming from Brian's television downstairs. It's anticipation building, that's for sure!
My concern is Sydney's total apathy to see the original movies so that she knows the story for when the new one is released. But then she's all, "It's okay. I don't really want to see the new one anyway." I'm like, "WHAT?!?!" I don't understand that logic.
Now, I do not subscribe to the mania that caused people to buy tickets three months in advance and to crash the ticket web sites, but I would like to see the film within the first few days it's released. Otherwise, I'm afraid that spoilers will be coming down the Internet highway fast and delirious. And I don't want to have the movie spoiled for me.
So, Brian and I are both eager and excited to see this movie, but our kid is not. She's irritating that way sometimes. But until then, I'll be a very happy, if quiet, fan, who's just waiting, waiting, waiting for the awesome to arrive.

No comments: