Wednesday, September 16

An update on not having a job

1. The interview I went to a few weeks ago, that lasted two full hours, sent me a delicious e-mail this morning about not wanting me.
Hi Kimberly:
[Organization Name] wants to take this opportunity to thank you for interviewing for the [Job Title] position. This letter is to let you know that you have not been selected for the position.
The [Organization Name] Publications team greatly appreciates the time you took to meet with us and we wish you much success in your job search.
Thank you again for your interest in our organization.
And that's the end of that. A bit informal to be all, "Hi," but that's how they do it these days, I guess. It's nice to be friendly when crushing someone's dreams for a decent paycheck, yes?
2. I filled out a super involved and thorough application for another organization that I would really, really enjoy working at. It's a place that's actually close to my heart, and I'd love to be a part of it. The job position itself is a little off track from my normal thing (it's a marketing job), but I know I can still be a viable member of their team. I filled out all the little online boxes and stuff, and even wrote (I paraphrase): "Seriously, give me a shot, and I'll be a great asset to your team." Let's see if the straightforward approach there will get me anything. I've been wanting a job at this place for a super long time. I hope the interview comes through, because I'll crush it.
3. Well, she makes looking for a job a lot more glamorous, doesn't she?

No comments: