Sunday, September 13

Not the actual picture of the actual deer

This:
Deer
I work in Waltham, Massachusetts. The drive out to my office is usually nice enough, a straight shot on a couple little highways and byways. This morning though, as I was passing by a usually benign bit of grassy knoll, I spied four deer loping, yes, loping, across the expanse. Two adult and two young deer heading from one tree-laden area to another. They were so serene, and so beautiful. They almost made me forget how ridiculously irritating the woman in the Jeep ahead of me was.

Posted by Kimmie G at 8:00 AM

Do you know what that post is? It's short and sweet, certainly. It's not badly written, either. But can you guess what it is, is?
It's my very first post onto the blog. And it was published 10 years ago, today: September 13, 2005.
Yes, today is the 10-year anniversary of It's All About... . It's funny because I actually remember that day on my way to work, and I remember being amazed by the deer. I also remember almost tapping the bumper of the Jeep ahead of me because I was looking at said deer. But it feels like both a lifetime ago, and like the blink of an eye.
I could bore you with more history of the blog, or I could sound pretentious by ruminating over the impact it's had on me. Or I could just roll along, like today is any other day. Because I'm tired and not alert enough to get too philosophical right now.
"Oh, are you still doing that?" Indeed, I am. Ten years is a long time.

No comments: