Saturday, September 12

Hook me up with a panini, like STAT

I think I need a panini press in my kitchen.
When Brian and I went out for lunch the other day, we happened on a restaurant that had a chicken pesto panini. It was okay, but I feel like I could have done better. The chicken was decent, but I would have liked more pesto, and maybe a touch less cheese that I didn't know would be in it. A favorite panini is the mozzarella and tomato sandwich at another place.
I enjoy ordering and eating the panini. But more interestingly, I find myself fantasizing about different sandwiches to make. Like, I wonder what a roast beef and broccoli panini would taste like. Or a BLT with mozzarella. Or mushrooms, zesty mayo and chicken. Or peppers, bacon and cheese.
I have all these random combinations rolling around in my head, and I want to try making them. I lack only the panini press, and the exact right bread that slices thick but not too thick. Goodness gracious, you guys, am I hoping for a kitchen appliance? Is that what this is? Weird.

No comments: