Friday, June 19

The perfect summer panties, if you can find them

Okay, do you see these?
These awesome panties that are awesome? It's not a particularly good photo since I took it kinda quick and blurry at Target this morning. But they are cotton, boxer briefs, that go to mid-thigh.
As a person who tends to chafe a bit between my legs in the summer season when wearing a dress or skirt, I am incredibly intrigued by them. In fact, I need them, and I need them bad.
So what's the problem? Well, clearly there are a whole lot of women out there who also have discovered these cotton beauties, because they have bought them all. Every single time I visit my Target, I check out the panties selection. All that's ever there are size small and medium. The irony here is that women who wear small or medium panties don't really have the chafing issue, if you know what I mean. Their thighs don't touch and rub in the middle, to put it simply.
So here's my gripe, Hanes and Target: if you know that these panties are selling like frickin' hotcakes, then how the heck can you not be stocking them like crazy? How are there ever empty shelves for them? I mean, shit, I'd totally wear them during the winter months, too, because they look brilliant and comfortable. I checked the Target web site: sold out. Hanes web site: doesn't have them. Macy's, JC Penney, and everywhere else: don't have them.
Am I forced to buy men's boxer briefs in order to be comfortable in my dresses and skirts this season? Is that what I must be reduced to? Perhaps. And if that's the case, I'll be sure to tell you all.

No comments: