Sunday, June 7

Sunday is as Sunday does

ITEM!: I gotta tell you, this library experiment is going extremely well. I've been flying through books, and am totally in love with the request-a-book function on the local library web site. What I enjoy the most is not having to buy all the books I want to read. I just picked up Amy Poehler's Yes Please today, and while it is third in line right now, I'm super excited to read it.
ITEM!: My 50/50 drink today was pretty good for an inaugural flight, but there are some changes I need to implement for the next one. First of all, three scoops of ice cream instead of two. Also, the ice cream needs to soften before adding the soda; it took too long for the ingredients to mix together. Aside from that, it was delicious.
ITEM!: The NBA is not a thing for me. I don't care about basketball, and I really don't like watching it. I do, inexplicably, like LeBron James. I also like it when random franchises win championships. So you can see my dilemma with watching the finals this week, enjoying both the Cleveland Cavaliers and Golden State Warriors and their quest for a championship. But tonight, I discovered that I would really rather see LeBron win, because the overtime had me stressing out.
ITEM!: I woke up with a sore throat this morning, which was not good. I've instituted the Sick Mom Protocol, which means no one gets near my face, and only elbow kisses. The ick went away for most of the day, but tonight it's back, if lessened. Still, I could think of a thousand things better than not feeling well this week.

No comments: