Wednesday, June 3

Okay, Netflix, you've got me now

When I failed to get super involved with House of Cards, I questioned the power that Netflix's original programming could have on me. I mean, House of Cards was supposed to be the end all be all of television shows on the service. And it did nothing for me.
But then Mom and I watched Grace and Frankie last week while she was out here visiting, and we thoroughly enjoyed it. And then, over the course of yesterday and today, I watched the entirety of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. It was ... silly, certainly. But also strangely intriguing. And by the end of it, I was in. To the point where I sounded like a crazy person who'd been watching a soap opera for 10 years when I tried to explain the plots to Brian when he got home ... during the last episode of the season. It was a charming show, and one that I'll probably watch when/if the second season comes around.
Next up on my queue is Daredevil, the Marvel superhero show that is supposed to be super good. I doubt I'll get to it tomorrow, since Brian will be home, but it's definitely on for Friday.
I've decided to start burning through my Netflix Watch Instantly queue, and it's a good feeling. I also watched Dear Mr. Watterson, a documentary about a guy honoring the artist behind Calvin & Hobbes, Bill Watterson. I've got Blackfish on there too, but that one kinda scares me for how horrible it is.

No comments: