Monday, June 15

Books are a gift! Appreciate and read them!

For the first time since this library love affair began, I am officially rushing through a book because it's due soon. Dorothy Must Die is due back to the library on Wednesday. I started it today. Of course, finishing it by Wednesday afternoon won't be a problem. I'm a third through it already. But I don't like this feeling of a ticking clock over my head, being all, "Finish the book or you'll lose it forever."
And I can't renew it right now, because someone else has requested it. Is that how this works? Someone else gets to take back the book I'm reading just because they want it? Either turn it in so Random Person can read it, or we'll charge you 20 cents a day?
Whatever. I mean, it's fine. Because I will be done with it on time. But still.
Also, I have another book on the bookshelf, the fourth of the Scot Harvath series by Brad Thor, Blowback, to read next. And the third book of the Lunar Chronicles, Cress, by Marissa Meyer, is waiting for me at the library. And Amy Poehler's book, Yes Please, is downstairs waiting for its turn to be read.
So many books, and it's all wonderful!

No comments: