Friday, April 3

Buttercup, Buttercup, Buttercup

Brian told Sydney yesterday that I had wanted her middle name to be Buttercup.
She was very vocal about it, and beyond thankful that Brian's veto power was strong enough to have it not be Buttercup.
My heart is broken.
What I'm discovering is that my kiddo has far less of a sense of whimsy than I do, and it's a bit disheartening. She wasn't having any of Buttercup being her middle name, and went on a lovely little tirade about how much smarter Brian was than I when he said no to it. I pointed out that it's a great middle name, and honors a lovely movie. She was unmoved. I said that it's one of my favorite movies of all time, and I had at least not demanded her first name be Buttercup. She failed to see the positive side of that, as well. I even made a super sad face, but she was unfazed.
I'm sure I'll be bugged about this for the rest of my life, but I still stand by it. Buttercup would have been an awesome middle name.
I guess it'll have to do for the next puppy's middle name ... male or female. I don't care. Someone is going to have Buttercup as their middle name.

No comments: