Friday, December 12

I make some magnificent mac and cheese

Do you want to know a random pet peeve I've got?
It's with Kraft, in regards to their microwaveable macaroni and cheese. You see, many years ago, when I made mac and cheese for Brian and I to eat every other night because it was delicious and we could easily afford it, the standard blue box had a microwaveable recipe.
I followed the recipe, and by virtue of how often I made it, I ended up memorizing it. And then, just by chance one day a few less years ago, I noticed that the microwaveable recipe no longer appeared on the box. Around that time, the proliferation of "Easy Mac" microwaveable mac and cheese began, and the overpriced, "easy" way of microwaving mac and cheese became the way to do it. I continue to microwave my mac and cheese the way I always have, thank you very much.
Tonight's mac and cheese was delicious, my friends. It was so good, I wished that I didn't have to share it with Brian and Sydney. (I'm an only child, by way of explanation.) You know what I'm going to do? I'm going to post the delicious, microwaveable mac and cheese.
Pour your macaroni in a microwaveable bowl, and add 1 3/4 cups of water. Stir.
Microwave for 9 minutes, stirring every three minutes.
Remove the noodles, stir them.
Then add 1/4 cup of butter (1/2 a cube), 1/4 cup of milk, and then add the cheese mix.
Stir them all together until butter has melted, and everything is delicious and ORANGE.
I season with salt and pepper, but that's a matter of taste.
So, there you go, my friends. Enjoy your microwaveable macaroni and cheese, for far less money than the "easy" way of Easy Mac.

No comments: