Saturday, December 27

Did you send out holiday cards?

I guess I should preface this post by saying that I have not checked my mail in a couple days.
...
So. How many holiday cards have you received this season? I have, so far, received a grand total of six holiday cards. I sent out 37 of them. Certainly, it's not all about how many cards you receive, necessarily. But really, people. It doesn't seem fair, does it?
A couple of people on my Facebook feed actually posted their family photos to their pages with holiday wishes for everyone, but I have to wonder, is that how they're doing their cards this season, and is that how we should do all Christmas cards nowadays? It's definitely cheaper. But does it mean that I now have tacit permission to only send out cards to my family, and the friends who also send cards, then forget about everyone else? Is there a statute of limitations on how long I need to send cards to people who never send one back? Do I get to cut my cards list in half next year?
Next year, will it be sufficient for me to post a picture of Sydney and my dogs and then tag everyone that I want to see it?
Of course, if I go out to my mailbox tomorrow and discover at least 20 cards in there, this entire line of thinking ... or angry rant ... will be moot. But since that scenario is highly unlikely, I'll continue to be bummed in my friends and family.

No comments: