Saturday, November 22

Coolio. Getting over it

Hello.
Hello. My name is Kimberly, and I'm stubborn.
Hi, Kimberly.
I'm standing here today, because I know that this is my safe place, and I have something to reveal.
We're here for you, Kimberly.
I think ... I mean, I may be ... Well. I think I may be deciding that I like Taylor Swift as a performer.
That's alright, Kimberly.
Is it? Is it alright? I mean, I have been inexplicably not a fan of hers ever since ever. But in my darkest, deepest consciousness, I've still danced to a few songs, and ... And I even know the words to a few.
Really, that's okay. There are a lot of people who like her.
And I know that, and I think that's great. That's why my not-a-fanness doesn't make any sense. I mean, I love Britney for no really good reason, so it should stand to reason that I would like Taylor Swift.
What's changed your mind?
Sure, let's add insult to injury. The Voice changed my mind. She was articulate, knowledgeable, generous, kind and motivating to the participants on the show, and I decided I liked her as a person. Also because I know she dislikes Justin Bieber.
So that's helped sway you?
Indeed! And then, the songs and previews I've heard from her new album sound fun and kicky!
Are you embarrassed by this?
I'm not embarrassed that I like her now, or that I think I may buy the album as well as some of the older songs I like. I'm more embarrassed that I haven't already liked her, and now I'm all bandwagon, or too late to the party.
Get over it.

No comments: