Friday, October 31

Candy is candy for a reason

I've been spending my afternoon trying to tally up, mentally, all the Halloween candy I've eaten for this season. I did really well for myself by not buying the candy until several days into October. And then, I was able to avoid the Halloween candy by eating a whole bunch of See's candy. But a few days ago, all the "other" candy in the house mysteriously was gone, so I had to dig into the holiday stuff.
My go-to snack is Twix. I can tell you that I'm proud of myself for not having finished the bag yet. (This is the part where I am at once sad and happy that the bags of fun-size candy have shrunk over the years.) And unfortunately for me, the bag of candy I bought for the trick-or-treaters had some Reese's peanut butter cups in it. My self control around candy that I don't love is pretty rock solid. I can walk by most anything.
Having said that, the candy that I do love doesn't have a bright future when I'm around. Here's what I've eaten so far:
Twix: 14.
Reese's peanut butter cups: 6.
I'll add one 3 Musketeers to that tally, as well. Only one because I didn't buy any, but Sydney brought home several from her outing tonight, and I've already pillaged some of her spoils.
Candy is delicious, and I enjoy it, but whatever is left by the middle of October (if any) will get tossed out. I have to do that to keep my sanity, and some semblance of a waistline.

No comments: